The Ultimate Government Shutdown Travel Kit
Closed terminals, delayed flights, snaking security lines — these things all contribute to anxiety. So what can you do to minimize the travails of fellow travelers (and yourself)? Here are 15 tips for corporate travelers to keep busy (and productive!) during the government shutdown so you can make sure you're one of the people at the airport with a smile on their face.
1. Listen to a meditation video (no ads!)
2. Get a massage
3. Get naked
4. Pet a dog
6. Do a little yoga
7. Find a quiet space
8. Sit in a pew
9. Pack a bathing suit
10. See what other travelers have tried to bring aboard their flight
11. Learn a new language (for free)
12. Figure out new slang, emoji or meme definitions
13. Read the news:
14. Listen to a (free!) book
15. Watch a (free!) movie or tv show
The shutdown won't be here forever (hopefully), but as long as it is, and as long as you're on the road for corporate travel, bookmark this page and know that you'll always have some way to pass the time.
And if you have more ideas for your fellow travelers to help pass the time, share them with @Lolatravel!