Simplified Corporate Travel Planning for EAs
If you’re an Executive Assistant, then you know what it’s like to be planning, booking, and changing travel plans for your boss. Most EAs book corporate travel, create a Google doc itinerary with all important travel info, and email it to their boss before each trip. They’ll also have a separate spreadsheet with all of their boss’s travel info, like date of birth, passport information, and sometimes this will include travel info for their boss’s frequent travel partners too.
The other part of this process is that while your boss is on their trip, plans change. Flights get delayed or cancelled, meetings get pushed, and dinner reservations are needed last minute. In these situations an EA will get a call or text from their boss and will jump on the phone to find a new flight, and then search Google for the best restaurants in the city they are visiting.
Looking at these situations, it’s clear that EAs are spending a ton of time managing the travel planning process. They are using multiple systems to get the job done, and it’s not just time-consuming, it’s stressful.
Enter Book on Behalf by Lola.com. It allows EAs to use one system to manage everything related to planning their boss’s corporate travel, and can be used on their laptop or on their mobile phone.
How it works:
- In Lola.com, the EA gains access to their boss’s profile (or any colleague at their company). They can create it, if their boss is a new Lola.com user, or their boss can share their travel profile with the EA.
- Once their boss’s profile is part of their own account, that EA can book travel for their boss. Anything booked with their boss’s profile will show up in their boss’s account too. So no more creating separate itineraries for every trip. All the info is automatically part of their boss’s app as soon as it’s booked.
Corporate Travel Planning Features:
- The EA can share any booking info with their boss’s spouse, children, etc if they need to.
- Multiple credit cards can be saved in the EA’s profile, so they can easily select which card to use. If he or she travels for business and for leisure, it’s easy to know which one to use for each trip.
- When flights are delayed or cancelled, the EA and the traveler get notified. So the EA can immediately work on changing itineraries, and their boss will know it’s being taken care of without even contacting their EA!
- Lola.com also comes with 24/7 support, so the EA can message the travel assistants and they will take care of any changes that need to be made. (We let them be the hero and tell their boss it’s all set though!)
When you’re a busy Executive Assistant, you never know what your next task might be. Book on Behalf takes the stress away from planning and managing corporate travel and lets you focus on other important things. Want to learn more?
How does your corporate travel policy stack up?
Posted byEmily Parker-Woodland