5 Things to Include in Your Travel Policy
If your company doesn’t currently have a travel policy, then you know the pain of employee overspending, stressed out travelers, and wasted time tracking down receipts. It’s time to create a travel policy that everyone will follow, and it’s easier than you think. Here are the top 5 things to keep in mind when creating a travel policy.
- Easy On-boarding: Your employees should be able to onboard and start following your travel policy immediately. Long setup time and complicated tools will only add to their already busy days and will make them not want to participate. To make sure they follow your travel guidelines, make it easy for them to do so!
- Employee Friendly Guidelines: Speaking of travel guidelines, show your employees that you care about them when they travel. Allow them to book fares that let them accumulate loyalty points, give them the option to take a slightly more expensive flight to avoid a layover, and set price guidelines for hotels based on the city they are staying in to ensure they are comfortable everywhere they go.
- Ability to Book for Others: Allow managers and EA’s book travel for other employees and make sure it’s easy for them to do so. There’s nothing worse than an EA having to interrupt an important meeting to get their boss’s travel info. A platform that saves that information for them and makes it easy to book and share their travel details is the way to go.
- Complete Visibility: Now that you’ve got a travel policy employees are following, make sure you can see what they are booking. Make it easy for employees to submit expenses so you can see their spend in real time. That way you’ll never worry about whether or not you’re over budget.
- 24/7 Support: Travel plans changing should not mean the travel policy goes out the window. Giving your employees access to 24/7 support ensures that they have someone to help them make changes to a trip, and still stay within the policy.
Now that you know the 5 must haves for a travel policy, learn more about what it takes to create and implement the right policy for your company in our eBook.
Lola.com is the simple solution for corporate travel management. Perfect for companies big and small, Lola uses powerful AI technology and 24/7 support to help business travelers book trips with ease while providing travel managers with simple tools to create travel policies, view budgets and monitor the business travel of all team members.